POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #debug stream and \n Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  #debug stream and \n (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: StephenS
Subject: #debug stream and \n
Date: 16 Mar 2004 13:30:04
Message: <405747ac$1@news.povray.org>
When I render,

#debug "test 1"

test 1 appears (incorrectly) after
 Peak memory used:, and before
 Total Scene Processing Times.

#debug "test 2\n"

test 2 appears (correctly) after
 Clock value, and before
 Cleanup Parse Warning:

WinPov 3.5 did not require the last #debug to be terminated with a newline
(\n)

WinPov 3.6b2
Win98se 512mb Duron 1g Hz

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: #debug stream and \n
Date: 16 Mar 2004 14:13:52
Message: <405751f0$1@news.povray.org>
In article <405747ac$1@news.povray.org> , "StephenS" <ssh### [at] ottawanet>
wrote:

> WinPov 3.5 did not require the last #debug to be terminated with a newline
> (\n)

POV-Ray 3.6 beta 2 works as expected. A newline is required for a debug
message to be printed instantly.  Otherwise it will be printed at the end of
the render.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde