POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Functions more than 65535 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Functions more than 65535 (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Functions more than 65535
Date: 13 May 2002 02:38:54
Message: <3CDF5F7D.CA29C09C@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> [...]
>
> Keep in mind that the "1" and "10" could be expressions and it is also
> faster...  ;-)

I would not mind if you implement this, it certainly has it's uses.  While
you are on it, how about custom vector functions, something like:

function { <x^2, sin(z), z> }

;-)

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 May 2002 07:15:41
Message: <3cdfa05d@news.povray.org>
In article <3CDF5F7D.CA29C09C@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> it certainly has it's uses.

I am sure some crazy person will figure out some even more crazy applications

> I would not mind if you implement this,

Who knows, maybe it already exists somewhere on my and a few other harddisks.

> While you are on it, how about custom vector functions, something like:
>
> function { <x^2, sin(z), z> }
>
> ;-)

Users!  You give them one feature and they start crying for the next! ;-)

Unfortunately, vectors are more difficult to implement :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

On Mon, 13 May 2002 13:15:38 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> I am sure some crazy person will figure out some even more crazy applications
> for it.  Warp?  W?odzimierz?  ;-)

Question marks. That's what makes people crazy. ;-)

> Unfortunately, vectors are more difficult to implement :-(

Don't give up. :-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message