POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Functions more than 65535 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Functions more than 65535 (Message 11 to 20 of 34)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Functions more than 65535
Date: 12 May 2002 17:32:45
Message: <3cdedf7d$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3CDEDA2C.8504C17C@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'sum' function

For example allowing functions equivalent to

10
---
\
 >  i*2+4
/
---
i=1

inside functions, would that help?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 May 2002 17:58:24
Message: <3CDEE57F.29ECF6D5@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3CDEDA2C.8504C17C@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
> <chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean by 'sum' function
>
> For example allowing functions equivalent to
>
> 10
> ---
> \
>  >  i*2+4
> /
> ---
> i=1
>
> inside functions, would that help?

That would be nice but it would not help much in this particular case and
is in fact not necessary since this can already be done using #while
inside functions.  In the example i gave i could have put a 'function {}'
around the while loop, leave out the #declare's and just sum up things
with the loop, this would avoid the recursion problem, but this does not
work if you build several functions in the while loop and don't want to
split into separate loops for speed reasons.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______