POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:10 EDT (-0400)
From: Vic
Subject: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d
Date: 26 Apr 2002 13:25:10

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d
Date: 26 Apr 2002 13:34:07
Message: <3cc98f8f$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3cc98d76@news.povray.org> , "Vic" <let### [at] fwhu> wrote:

> Internal source editor of
> PovRay for Windows 3.5 RC2
> does not colorize atan2d.
> Similar problems with some new
> functions may occur.
> I didn't test all of them.

"atan2d" is no POV-Ray keyword in any official version.  Are you sure you are
talking about POV-Ray 3.5 and not some unofficial patch?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

From: Slime
Date: 26 Apr 2002 15:53:45
Message: <3cc9b049$1@news.povray.org>
> "atan2d" is no POV-Ray keyword in any official version.

Hmm, it's listed in "7.10.1  Float functions and macros" in the docs as a
function like atan2 that uses degrees.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

Post a reply to this message

>> "atan2d" is no POV-Ray keyword in any official version.

> Hmm, it's listed in "7.10.1  Float functions and macros" in the docs as a
> function like atan2 that uses degrees.

  That doesn't make it a keyword.

  Only keywords are highlighted, not identifiers defined somewhere in some
include file.

>   Only keywords are highlighted, not identifiers defined somewhere in some
> include file.

Ah, you're right, it's in an include file. Sorry, didn't notice that.