POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d : Re: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Apr 2002 18:10:58
Message: <3CCC72EF.1332D5C2@hotmail.com>
Jan Walzer wrote:

> > > Hmm, it's listed in "7.10.1  Float functions and macros" in the docs as a
> > > function like atan2 that uses degrees.
> >
> >   That doesn't make it a keyword.
> >
> >   Only keywords are highlighted, not identifiers defined somewhere in some
> > include file.
>
> Aside from the fact, that this _IS_ defined in an include, and that
> this will probably called a feature request:
> Wouldn't it be nice, to have the Codemax-editor highlight also the
> identifiers of macros and funtions, that come in includes with a
> vanilla-distribution of POV? I mean, there _are_ powerful macros
> and functions that come with the includes, so why not make them colored?

No, please do NOT do that !

There are many useful macros (and constants ?)
defined in those include files, but some of
them are in my opinion less useful. And some
have names that I find misleading.

So if someone choose to make a set of macros/
constants of their own that happen to have the
same name, then I think it could be very con-
fusing if some of those are coloured differently.

Tor Olav