POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows display still inconsistent Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Windows display still inconsistent (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: David Wallace
Subject: Windows display still inconsistent
Date: 16 Apr 2002 22:52:27
Message: <3cbce36b@news.povray.org>
RC1, Duron 800, 512Mb DDR, Win98SE

I think that POV-Win is having trouble retaining its window buffers.  When I
switch between multiple files (and I often have 5-10 loaded simultaneously),
some of the files don't show properly on the screen.  Keyboard navigation is
completely useless; clicking on parts of the screen does cause parts of the
current file to show up.

I think this is the second time I've brought this up.  The editor window
just goes transparent on me for no apparent reason.  POV seems to misplace
file/window buffers somehow.  I think this might be a Windows resource issue
because it seems to happen when I chew up resources by running other
programs alongside POV-Ray (like simple games and music to pass the time
during a long render).  Once it starts, however, it's chronic.

I know that Windows can be cranky with resources, especially when I run the
machine for a week or more straight.  But POV-Ray is the only application on
my machine that suffers display instability as a result.  I just upgraded to
RC1 today (I run POV itself for days on end, often past its expiry) and the
problem persists.

Post a reply to this message