POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Weird camera bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Weird camera bug (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Rune
Subject: Weird camera bug
Date: 5 Mar 2002 15:35:14
Message: <3c852c02@news.povray.org>
I'm getting some strange results with the new camera in beta 12.
See code below.

// angle and no rotate: fine.
// angle and rotate:    no sphere, only shadow!
// rotate and no angle: weird result, as if angle was set to 179.999.
// setting version to 3.1 around camera fixes all problems.

// #version 3.1;
camera {
   location -5*z+y
   angle 50
   look_at y
   rotate 1*y
}
#version 3.5;
sphere {y, 1 pigment {rgb 1}}
light_source {y*1000, color 1.2}
plane {y,0 pigment {checker rgb 1, rgb 0.9}}

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)