POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (sample scenes) Abyss.pov max_gradient msg Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  (sample scenes) Abyss.pov max_gradient msg (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: (sample scenes) Abyss.pov max_gradient msg
Date: 18 Feb 2002 16:43:27
Message: <3c7174f9.123612399@news.povray.org>
To the Sample Scene File Coordinator

Rendering abyss.pov I noticed the following messages:

File: C:\Programmer\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\scenes\advanced\abyss.pov
Line: 220
Warning: The maximum gradient found was 2.492, but max_gradient of the
isosurface was set to 1.100. The isosurface may contain holes!
Adjust max_gradient to get a proper rendering of the isosurface.

File: C:\Programmer\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\scenes\advanced\abyss.pov
Line: 246
Warning: The maximum gradient found was 2.406, but max_gradient of the
isosurface was set to 1.500. The isosurface may contain holes!
Adjust max_gradient to get a proper rendering of the isosurface.

Statistics for C:\Programmer\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.5\scenes\advanced\abyss.pov, Resolution 640 x 240

Setting the appropriate max_gradients makes the messages disappear
with no obvious image change.

/Erkki

Post a reply to this message

> Setting the appropriate max_gradients makes the messages disappear
> with no obvious image change.

Fixed and sent to the scene coordinator.
Thanks for finding this one.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com