POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Light_group change Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Light_group change (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John Brawley
Subject: Light_group change
Date: 14 Feb 2002 09:13:35
Message: <3c6bc60f$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings;
I've made an in-PovRay stereo 3D image generator (stereo pair) which depends
on the following:
1) All lights are in the light-group
2) Object is an union
3) Separate the one object left-and-right, rotate slightly opposite
directions
4) Put a black plane down the z axis

(More details, not pertinent)
To do this, one must eliminate these two things:
1) Shadows changing (light_group solves this)
2) Reflections from each object upon the other (black plane fixes this)

In beta 9 and 10 this worked perfectly.
In beta 11, it doesn't.  (One of my objects loses an highlight)

a beta 10 output:
http://tetrahedraverse.com/tverse/Sph_14.jpg

a beta 11 output:
http://tetrahedraverse.com/temp/SphProb.gif

The scene file that creates these (typical; the only difference the
coordinates of the spheres' locations):
http://tetrahedraverse.com/temp/SphProb.pov

Has something changed in light_group's workings between the betas 10 and 11?
I'd hate to lose what was working so well....
TNX

John Brawley

--
Peace