POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Light_group change : Re: Light_group change Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light_group change
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 14 Feb 2002 17:30:36
Message: <Xns91B5B21FF4512CQ@204.213.191.226>
"John Brawley" <jgb### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in

> In beta 9 and 10 this worked perfectly.
> In beta 11, it doesn't.  (One of my objects loses an highlight)

I don't know why this would have worked in beta 9 or 10.  The plane is
between the left object and the only light which creates highlights
(shadowless lights do not create highlights) and is blocking the light from
creating a highlight.  Add no_shadow to your plane definition and
everything will work properly.

> John Brawley

I guess you're the same John Brawley who used to post on Fidonet?  That's
two people from Fido that I've bumped into in Povland.