POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Highlight bug Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:06:36 EDT (-0400)
  Highlight bug (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Rune
Subject: Highlight bug
Date: 28 Sep 2001 15:27:04
Message: <3bb4cf08@news.povray.org>
When normals are used, highlights are sometimes visible where they should be
in shadow. I think a similar bug existed for reflection in POV-ray 3.0 but
it was fixed. It was not fixed for highlights though. The following scene
shows visible highlights from a light that is on the opposite side of the
surface than the camera. Clearly that should be fixed.

Can someone please confirm this bug?

// camera in front of box:
camera {location -2.5*z look_at 0}
// light_source behind box: