POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How do you do your Animations? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:36:24 EDT (-0400)
  How do you do your Animations? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: jr
Subject: Re: How do you do your Animations?
Date: 15 Jan 2020 16:25:00
Message: <web.5e1f821126a70c9b8c662f470@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I just wondering how other people here do their animations. ...
>  Any thoughts will handy.

in addition to what has been said already, I'd begin with paper + pen and create
a storyboard.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 27 Jan 2020 18:15:00
Message: <web.5e2f6e5526a70c9b520df3dc0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all your ideas!
 It is interesting to see how other people tackle a problem.
Sorry I've haven't posted earlier. I've been animating and time slipped away.

 I do animations by frame count and most of what I've seen here work with the
clock. Its not that I don't use the clock, Its that I hate fractions. Frames
1450,1451 means more to me than .503647100, 0.503994443.

 The story board is a good idea, but I can ever get one done. I do use an
outline that changes as I go along.

 My idea about an array of camera locations came about because I wanted to have
the fastest parse and render times I could get. The array for my 2880 frame
animation is about the same size as one of my mesh2 belts. I have already done
basic walk trough with boxes for placeholders. It took 45 minutes to render,
seconds to parse each frame.
 I fill the array piecemeal,in sections. You know :go to this location look at
that thing then another location ,look another thing and so on. One thing about
the having an filled array, is that you can go back change any time sections
using values already stored.

Thanks again for all your ideas!

Have Fun

Post a reply to this message