POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How do you do your Animations? : Re: How do you do your Animations? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:00:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you do your Animations?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Jan 2020 19:35:01
Message: <web.5e2f812d26a70c9b4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>  I do animations by frame count and most of what I've seen here work with the
> clock. Its not that I don't use the clock, Its that I hate fractions. Frames
> 1450,1451 means more to me than .503647100, 0.503994443.

That sounds good on the surface, but sometimes I do a quick, sparsely populated
animation, just to look it all over and debug anything that's off or left out.
When I want to make it smoother, I just increase the number of frames, and
nothing in my scene file needs to change.

You could always have the clock run from 0 to 2880 in the ini,
or multiply the clock value by 2880 in the scene.

>  The story board is a good idea, but I can ever get one done. I do use an
> outline that changes as I go along.
>
>  My idea about an array of camera locations came about because I wanted to have
> the fastest parse and render times I could get.

I don't quite understand ... but I'm really looking forward to seeing the
results of your coding and animation method!