POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Bitmaps to mp4 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Bitmaps to mp4 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Inquisitor
Subject: Bitmaps to mp4
Date: 21 Aug 2009 07:30:00
Message: <web.4a8e84442852da8182abe670@news.povray.org>
I've creating my second video.  My first one happens to be another hobby of
mine... boat design and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujngLy_QK4

For my second video, really a remake.  Its basically the same video with some
enhancements that have been suggested by Chris B and by my desire to make a
720p version of it.  Aside - I built up a new computer and its bringing my
render time down from about two months down to where I should have everything
rendered by the end of the weekend.  Anyone interested in building their own
system for doing this kind of work, check out this thread.

http://forum.pcstats.com/showthread.php?t=69549

Anyway, I was starting to try and put the images together and found that the
software I was using before isn't up to the task for doing 1280x720 pixel
bitmaps.  I was using...

1) Bitmaps to AVI, AVI-Creator, it still works fine for this conversion.
   http://www.bloodshed.net/avi.html

2) AVI to MP4, Free AVI_TO_MP4, It down sizes them to something real small.
   http://www.mp4kits.com/Free-DVD-Video-MP4-Software.html

Can anyone suggest a better method?  I have already done a search on this forum
and checked the resources page, which led me to these.  Anyone have a better
route to get to 720p?  I want to work on Windows and prefer freeware.  I don't
really have any plans of going professional.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone suggest a better method?  I have already done a search on this forum
> and checked the resources page, which led me to these.  Anyone have a better
> route to get to 720p?  I want to work on Windows and prefer freeware.  I don't
> really have any plans of going professional.

ffmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org/> is free and can do what you want. The package is
mainly developed on Linux, BUT Windows binaries are available as well as GUI
frontends, see: <http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg>

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

>> Can anyone suggest a better method?  I have already done a search on
>> this forum
>> and checked the resources page, which led me to these.  Anyone have a
>> better
>> route to get to 720p?  I want to work on Windows and prefer freeware.
>> I don't
>> really have any plans of going professional.
>
> ffmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org/> is free and can do what you want. The
> package is mainly developed on Linux, BUT Windows binaries are available
> as well as GUI frontends, see: <http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg>
>
>     Thorsten

Also from bitmaps? I can't find this information in de specs.

Wijnand

Post a reply to this message

>>> Can anyone suggest a better method?  I have already done a search on
>>> this forum
>>> and checked the resources page, which led me to these.  Anyone have a
>>> better
>>> route to get to 720p?  I want to work on Windows and prefer
>>> freeware.  I don't
>>> really have any plans of going professional.
>>
>> ffmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org/> is free and can do what you want. The
>> package is mainly developed on Linux, BUT Windows binaries are
>> available as well as GUI frontends, see:
>> <http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg>
>>
>>     Thorsten
>
> Also from bitmaps? I can't find this information in de specs.
>
> Wijnand
Oeps, yes it can.

Wijnand

Post a reply to this message