POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Step_Frame command???? Server Time
3 May 2024 17:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Step_Frame command???? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Inquisitor
Subject: Re: Step_Frame command????
Date: 10 Aug 2009 08:00:01
Message: <web.4a800ba0b78569e182abe670@news.povray.org>
ChrisB,

Oh, I more than welcome input.  I had thought the thread had gone stale and I

much and just set the two parameters in the pov file.  I have them churning on
several machines and just combine the images (after running the rename.bat
file) and they fall into place as pretty as you please.  I think having the
file names reflecting the actual second-subsecond frame makes it near bullet
proof.

have stopped the hi-res until I correct it.  The ocean comes from Gilles Tran
and he references Marc Jacquier and Christoph Horman for the water aspect.
Basically, he uses a height_field to create a square and then he creates the
SeaSurface based on many of these height_fields properly mirrored to each other
so the transitions line up.  For a video to make the wave action I move this
whole field by my wave velocity and the time.  I move it for one wave length
and then back it up.  The major wave is correctly being moved back, but all the

ocean.  It looks good, but unfortunately, the generation for a 720p goes from

solution brewing.

1920x1200 stills show that to advantage.  However, there have been some racing

debate that one.

off the helicopter onto the pier and froze at the base of the pier. Yeah, I need
to give a little better acceleration/decelerations at those points.

Sun to moon light transition.  Yeah, a little hokey.  Did you catch the sun

cinematography excellence, and I like the transition while moving.  The

most people have with this image is the vigorous sailing into a lone tropical
island and relaxing by the moon light.

it looks like the surface is crawling.  I use a random number generator to
generate the rings in the boards (can see the boards in the hi-res still on the

spray (splashing)?

to see 15 frames a second.  Before I was usually going from 1 every ten seconds

 Alain,
            Yes, the parallel masts are the more common case (obviously after

study on a boat design forum and have prompted them to see if anyone has

continue, I plan on going through the entire design and building process on the
thread.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/z40-roadster-its-sailboat-not-car-28624.html

Post a reply to this message