POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rotation of a plane Server Time
2 May 2024 21:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Rotation of a plane (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: XiS`
Subject: Rotation of a plane
Date: 17 Sep 2007 21:25:01
Message: <web.46ef287a7a1f2c5dedae9d260@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody,
I'm a student of IT engineering. It's the first time i use Pov-Ray and i
need it just to create an artificial motion of what would see a robot with
a fish-eye lens on board (the view is the floor; I'm working on a project
about artificial vision and i need a movie to work on).
I've just created the camera model (fish eye) and the plane(floor) with the
"Pink_granite" texture. I used the function "rotation" (with variable
clock) to simulate the motion...but i need other ones around an axis
different of z (that i just used), how can i do that? For instance a
rotation around the axis parallel to z but with different coordinates on
the xy plane! Is it possible to apply a rotation of the plane (floor)
around an arbitrary axis (parallel to z)?
Help me
Thanks

Xis

Post a reply to this message

> I'm a student of IT engineering. It's the first time i use Pov-Ray and i
> need it just to create an artificial motion of what would see a robot with
> a fish-eye lens on board (the view is the floor; I'm working on a project
> about artificial vision and i need a movie to work on).
> I've just created the camera model (fish eye) and the plane(floor) with the
> "Pink_granite" texture. I used the function "rotation" (with variable
> clock) to simulate the motion...but i need other ones around an axis
> different of z (that i just used), how can i do that? For instance a
> rotation around the axis parallel to z but with different coordinates on
> the xy plane! Is it possible to apply a rotation of the plane (floor)
> around an arbitrary axis (parallel to z)?
> Help me
> Thanks
>
> Xis

you can rotate around [pt] by [rot] by using:
translate -pt
rotate rot
translate pt