POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : To move the camera with a spline Server Time
2 May 2024 14:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  To move the camera with a spline (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Joe
Subject: To move the camera with a spline
Date: 2 May 2007 06:20:01
Message: <web.4638647aa95506945c11406b0@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I try to move the camera with a spline it doesn't work. I have my spline,
the points and all, and use the code :

camera {
location Spline_1(Nr)
look_at Spline_1(Nr+1)
}

(where  #declare Nr = 0;     // start
 #declare EndNr = 1; // end
 #while (Nr< EndNr)

and between 0 & 1 are the points P1 to P8 from the spline curve)

I'm using this code to bring the camera moving. But, but when I want to
render, the following message comes a lot of time:

Projet/autre.pov  Line: 33
Parse Warning: More than one camera in scene. Ignoring previous camera(s).

and it doesn't render.....

How can I do that it works?

Thanks a lot and best Regards,

Joe

(sry if it isn't understable, English isn't my mother tongue :-) )

Post a reply to this message

>I'm using this code to bring the camera moving. But, but when I want to
>render, the following message comes a lot of time:
>
>Projet/autre.pov  Line: 33
>Parse Warning: More than one camera in scene. Ignoring previous camera(s).

Check that the scene does not have a camera after the one that you are trying to
move. If that is the case then PovRay will use the last camera in the scene and
ignore your spline.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I try to move the camera with a spline it doesn't work. I have my spline,
> the points and all, and use the code :
>
> camera {
> location Spline_1(Nr)
> look_at Spline_1(Nr+1)
> }
>
> (where  #declare Nr = 0;     // start
> #declare EndNr = 1; // end
> #while (Nr< EndNr)
>
> and between 0 & 1 are the points P1 to P8 from the spline curve)
>
> I'm using this code to bring the camera moving. But, but when I want to
> render, the following message comes a lot of time:
>
> Projet/autre.pov  Line: 33
> Parse Warning: More than one camera in scene. Ignoring previous camera(s).
>
> and it doesn't render.....
>
> How can I do that it works?
>
> Thanks a lot and best Regards,
>
> Joe
>
> (sry if it isn't understable, English isn't my mother tongue :-) )

Hi Joe,

I'm just guessing here, but you don't have your camera definition within a
'while' loop do you?
Sorry if this question sounds patronizing but your pseudo code made me think
you just might be trying to set Nr inside a loop, whereas Nr would need to
be set based on the either the clock or the frame variables which take their
value from command-line animation settings.

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm just guessing here, but you don't have your camera definition within a
> 'while' loop do you?
> Sorry if this question sounds patronizing but your pseudo code made me think
> you just might be trying to set Nr inside a loop, whereas Nr would need to
> be set based on the either the clock or the frame variables which take their
> value from command-line animation settings.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot, now it works.

I've deleted the loop and set a "+clock" in the camera location and camera
look_at.

Thanks again and Best regards

Joe