POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : To move the camera with a spline : Re: To move the camera with a spline Server Time
17 May 2024 08:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To move the camera with a spline
From: Chris B
Date: 2 May 2007 07:39:07
Message: <4638785b$1@news.povray.org>
"Joe" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4638647aa95506945c11406b0@news.povray.org...
> Hello all,
>
> I try to move the camera with a spline it doesn't work. I have my spline,
> the points and all, and use the code :
>
> camera {
> location Spline_1(Nr)
> look_at Spline_1(Nr+1)
> }
>
> (where  #declare Nr = 0;     // start
> #declare EndNr = 1; // end
> #while (Nr< EndNr)
>
> and between 0 & 1 are the points P1 to P8 from the spline curve)
>
> I'm using this code to bring the camera moving. But, but when I want to
> render, the following message comes a lot of time:
>
> Projet/autre.pov  Line: 33
> Parse Warning: More than one camera in scene. Ignoring previous camera(s).
>
> and it doesn't render.....
>
> How can I do that it works?
>
> Thanks a lot and best Regards,
>
> Joe
>
> (sry if it isn't understable, English isn't my mother tongue :-) )

Hi Joe,

I'm just guessing here, but you don't have your camera definition within a
'while' loop do you?
Sorry if this question sounds patronizing but your pseudo code made me think
you just might be trying to set Nr inside a loop, whereas Nr would need to
be set based on the either the clock or the frame variables which take their
value from command-line animation settings.

Regards,
Chris B.