POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CMPEG Server Time
2 May 2024 16:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  CMPEG (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: i need a unique name
Subject: CMPEG
Date: 5 Jan 2007 19:35:01
Message: <web.459eedc9b90514a743da915f0@news.povray.org>
Been trying to find out where to download cmpeg from, following trails from
google and the resource links in povray always end up with 404s

Any ideas folks?

Post a reply to this message

From: Charles C
Subject: Re: CMPEG
Date: 6 Jan 2007 02:35:01
Message: <web.459f5096563ecf113e9e8de0@news.povray.org>
I just posted a copy under binaries/utilities.  It seemed easier than
joining your wild goose chase.  On the other hand, I'd like to know where
on www it is too.
Charles

"i_need_a_unique_name" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Been trying to find out where to download cmpeg from, following trails from
> google and the resource links in povray always end up with 404s
>
> Any ideas folks?

Post a reply to this message

> I just posted a copy under binaries/utilities.  It seemed easier than
> joining your wild goose chase.  On the other hand, I'd like to know where
> on www it is too.
> Charles
>
> "i_need_a_unique_name" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Been trying to find out where to download cmpeg from, following trails from
> > google and the resource links in povray always end up with 404s
> >
> > Any ideas folks?

I (also) posted another zip file, a small dos mpeg utility collection with
docs
under binaries/utilities for reasons explained in that post.  In summary, I
found cmpeg in two places (of dozens attempted); the links are below.  I
also needed dosbox to run cmpeg under winxp x64.  Performance is pokey, but
solid.

In addition, I tried and discarded about a half-dozen other free/trial
software, but none gave me the compression and quality of the default
configuration provided in CONVMPG2.ZIP.  Go figure.  I suppose a $100
program would do the trick, but I'll get around to a linux install sometime
when core#2 is not busy rendering (260 of 288, yay!) or pasting up an mpeg.
(I hope there is a good, simple linux utility for this.)  Whoops, back
on-topic.  Links follow.

ftp://fenyi.solarobs.unideb.hu/pub/misc/cmpeg10.zip

http://68.142.114.70/file/graphics/fileconv/CONVMPG2.ZIP

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

-David

Post a reply to this message

Good to know.  Thanks.   Did you happen to try any converters?  There seem
to be more options if your input isn't still images. (I used to use DTA, but
that was mainly to create .avi's)
Charles