POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Package Server Time
17 May 2024 06:40:50 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Package (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Woody
Subject: Animation Package
Date: 1 Oct 2006 09:45:01
Message: <web.451fc5461b957edf67826ee80@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to find a halfway decent animation package to make still images
into movies. I tried using MS movie maker included with windows, but the
smallest time interval with that is 1/8th of a second, and its still very
choppy. I'm trying to find something that goes down to 16 frames per second
or ever 32 frames per second, and be able to add soundtracks to the
animation. Any body know of any pieces of software (GNU or commercial) that
will do this and are decently priced?

-Jeff

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to find a halfway decent animation package to make still images
> into movies. I tried using MS movie maker included with windows, but the
> smallest time interval with that is 1/8th of a second, and its still very
> choppy. I'm trying to find something that goes down to 16 frames per
> second or ever 32 frames per second, and be able to add soundtracks to the
> animation. Any body know of any pieces of software (GNU or commercial)
> that will do this and are decently priced?
>
> -Jeff

I personally use MainActor (commercial software) under Linux. There is also
a Windows version.
It does everything you're asking for and is available for download as a demo
version.

http://www.mainconcept.com

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to find a halfway decent animation package to make still images
> into movies. I tried using MS movie maker included with windows, but the
> smallest time interval with that is 1/8th of a second, and its still very
> choppy. I'm trying to find something that goes down to 16 frames per second
> or ever 32 frames per second, and be able to add soundtracks to the
> animation. Any body know of any pieces of software (GNU or commercial) that
> will do this and are decently priced?

  If it's enough to create a video file from a bunch of image files,
then VirtualDub does the job pretty well.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>  If it's enough to create a video file from a bunch of image files,
> then VirtualDub does the job pretty well.

...or TMPGEnc (supports soundtrack too):
http://www.tmpgenc.net/en/e_main.html

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >  If it's enough to create a video file from a bunch of image files,
> > then VirtualDub does the job pretty well.
>
> ...or TMPGEnc (supports soundtrack too):
> http://www.tmpgenc.net/en/e_main.html

I use TMPGEnc and it is good but you need a plugin if you want to use png
files.

http://news.povray.org/3a82f26c%40news.povray.org

Stephen

Post a reply to this message