POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Simple Animation Server Time
14 Jun 2024 16:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Simple Animation (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: michael lodge
Subject: Simple Animation
Date: 22 Oct 2004 12:35:00
Message: <web.4179364d1299ec4b16bb01f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,  I am starting to study povray at university and I am playing around
with a simple animation.  What I want is a cube made up of 6 polygon
objects with verious textures applied to each.  The cube is centered around
0,0,0 and all I want to do is rotate the cube around an axis from the top
left back corner to the bottom right front corner i.e. the cube rotates
diagnaly round ( excuse the spelling).  I have generated the following code
but cannot get my head around the rotation.  Is it possible the define a
new axis other than x y z and rotate the object around it?

//First animation

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

camera {
       location <0, 0, -8 >
       look_at <0, 0, 0>
}

light_source {
      <0, 2, -8> White
}

plane { y, -6
      texture {
       pigment { checker color White color Green }
       }
}

sphere {
        <0, 0, 0> 1
        pigment { White}
}

union {
polygon { // side left
 5,
 <-1, -1, 1>,
 <-1, 1, 1>,
 <-1, 1, -1>,
 <-1, -1, -1>,
 <-1, -1, 1>
 texture {
  pigment {
   image_map { gif "yoda3.gif"}
   rotate y*90
  }
 }

}

polygon { // side right
 5,
 <1, -1, 1>,
 <1, 1, 1>,
 <1, 1, -1>,
 <1, -1, -1>,
 <1, -1, 1>
 texture {Jade }

}

polygon { // side front
 5,
 <-1, -1, -1>,
 <-1, 1, -1>,
 <1, 1, -1>,
 <1, -1, -1>,
 <-1, -1, -1>
 texture {
  pigment {
   image_map { gif "yoda3.gif"}
  }
 }

}

polygon { // side back
 5,
 <-1, -1, 1>,
 <-1, 1, 1>,
 <1, 1, 1>,
 <1, -1, 1>,
 <-1, -1, 1>
 pigment{ rgbf <1,0,1,0.75>  }

}

polygon { // top
 5,
 <-1, 1, -1>,
 <1, 1, -1>,
 <1, 1, 1>,
 <-1, 1, 1>,
 <-1, 1, -1>
 texture {
 pigment { Blue }
 normal {dents 1.5 scale 0.2}
 finish { phong 1}
 }

}

polygon { // bottom
 5,
 <-1, -1, -1>,
 <1, -1, -1>,
 <1, -1, 1>,
 <-1, -1, 1>,
 <-1, -1, -1>
 pigment {
 gradient x
 color_map {
    [0.5 color Red]
    [0.3 color Yellow]
    [0.5 color Blue]
    }
        }

}

 //rotate y*clock*10
 //rotate z*clock*5
        //rotate x*clock*5
}

Hope you can understand what Im asking and help
Cheers

Post a reply to this message

"michael.lodge" <mic### [at] tiscalicouk> wrote:
> Hi,  I am starting to study povray at university and I am playing around
> with a simple animation.  What I want is a cube made up of 6 polygon
> objects with verious textures applied to each.  The cube is centered around
> 0,0,0 and all I want to do is rotate the cube around an axis from the top
> left back corner to the bottom right front corner i.e. the cube rotates
> diagnaly round ( excuse the spelling).  I have generated the following code
> but cannot get my head around the rotation.  Is it possible the define a
> new axis other than x y z and rotate the object around it?

Hi,

http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#rotating

Greets, Mark

Post a reply to this message