POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : An AVI in a POV-Ray scene Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:00:21 EDT (-0400)
  An AVI in a POV-Ray scene (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Pyry
Subject: An AVI in a POV-Ray scene
Date: 2 Oct 2002 06:15:05
Message: <web.3d9ac6647c88664b398d8dbb0@news.povray.org>
How can I add an AVI-video to my POV-Ray animation.
For example on a rendered TV-screen?
Do I have to save each frame as a bmp first? Which program to use for this
purpose?

Post a reply to this message

From: hughes, b
Subject: Re: An AVI in a POV-Ray scene
Date: 2 Oct 2002 11:57:44
Message: <3d9b1778@news.povray.org>
You will need to use individual frames. I have an include file that needs
redoing but will put them into a scene, link is first graphic which is also
an example.
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/xyzunknown/linker.htm

Many people have shown how to go about this same thing, probably better, if
you search the newsgroups.
I used to use a simple free avi editor which Microsoft had with Video For
Windows or something, which I just can't seem to find now. A 'net search
finds plenty of others though.
--
Farewell,
Bob

"Pyry" <fro### [at] suomi24fi> wrote in message
> How can I add an AVI-video to my POV-Ray animation.
> For example on a rendered TV-screen?
> Do I have to save each frame as a bmp first? Which program to use for this
> purpose?

Post a reply to this message

Animation Shop 3, which comes with Paint Shop Pro, will break an AVI into
its frames and will allow you to take those frames into PSP or save them.

"hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> You will need to use individual frames. I have an include file that needs
> redoing but will put them into a scene, link is first graphic which is
also
> an example.
> http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/xyzunknown/linker.htm
>
> Many people have shown how to go about this same thing, probably better,
if
> you search the newsgroups.
> I used to use a simple free avi editor which Microsoft had with Video For
> Windows or something, which I just can't seem to find now. A 'net search
> finds plenty of others though.
> --
> Farewell,
> Bob
>
> "Pyry" <fro### [at] suomi24fi> wrote in message
> > How can I add an AVI-video to my POV-Ray animation.
> > For example on a rendered TV-screen?
> > Do I have to save each frame as a bmp first? Which program to use for
this
> > purpose?

Post a reply to this message

based on The Gimp, only with emphasis on film work. There's a Windows
version scheduled for release, but it seems to have been delayed.