POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: parsing and animations Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:01:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parsing and animations (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: Re: parsing and animations
Date: 19 Mar 2002 12:26:46
Message: <72te9uckkf4r3ng463s22vc98nsn6kma5v@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:13:28 +0100, "Gallas" <e97### [at] efdlthse> wrote:
> it didn't have to re-parse the array for every single frame. Is this
> possible to achieve?

what is the reason of reparsing ? does it contain coordinates of objects ?
parse it once for first frame and output ready syntax to additional file. for
every next frame use this new file instead of parsing array.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> what is the reason of reparsing ? does it contain coordinates of objects ?
> parse it once for first frame and output ready syntax to additional file.
for
> every next frame use this new file instead of parsing array.

I'm not much of a hardcore pov-ray user (more or less the opposite).
My idea of making an animation is giving first_frame and final_frame the
right values in some .ini-file. When I do this I get the same parse time for
every frame.
And for the record, the array do contain coordinates of objects.
Actually it contains coordinates for objects during every frame of the
animation, so I can access it with frame_number.

Post a reply to this message