POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: parsing and animations : Re: parsing and animations Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:09:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parsing and animations
From: Gallas
Date: 19 Mar 2002 12:41:18
Message: <3c97783e@news.povray.org>
> what is the reason of reparsing ? does it contain coordinates of objects ?
> parse it once for first frame and output ready syntax to additional file.
for
> every next frame use this new file instead of parsing array.

I'm not much of a hardcore pov-ray user (more or less the opposite).
My idea of making an animation is giving first_frame and final_frame the
right values in some .ini-file. When I do this I get the same parse time for
every frame.
And for the record, the array do contain coordinates of objects.
Actually it contains coordinates for objects during every frame of the
animation, so I can access it with frame_number.