POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Floor plan animation Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:51:25 EDT (-0400)
  Floor plan animation (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Floor plan animation (small update)
Date: 22 Feb 2006 06:22:22
Message: <43fc496e$1@news.povray.org>
This is my attempt at an animation, and not just a rotating object at the
origin.
http://ca.geocities.com/morbjectay/animations.htm
Floorplan_B.mpg 1437kb, 300 frames
Floorplan_F.mpg 487kb, 100 frames

I've reduced the use of radiosity and included a point light at the camera
location.

Comments most welcome.

 Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: RusHHouR
Date: 13 Mar 2006 23:30:00
Message: <web.4416460aa1fb7ad147d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> wrote:
> This is my attempt at an animation, and not just a rotating object at the
> origin.
> http://ca.geocities.com/morbjectay/animations.htm
> Floorplan_B.mpg 1437kb, 300 frames
> Floorplan_F.mpg 487kb, 100 frames
>
> I've reduced the use of radiosity and included a point light at the camera
> location.
>
> Comments most welcome.
>
>  Stephen

That is cool, but I almost missed this one. Create new thread?
Can you show how you make your camera move through a path like that?
In my "Tomb", I made several clips and put them together afterwards. Would
be better to make all movement in the same file...

Post a reply to this message

> That is cool, but I almost missed this one. Create new thread?
> Can you show how you make your camera move through a path like that?
> In my "Tomb", I made several clips and put them together afterwards. Would
> be better to make all movement in the same file...

Thanks.

For the camera, I declare some splines first, points going from 0 to 1 with
a point before and after incase I use quadratic.

#declare lookatspline_C =
spline {
  quadratic_spline
  -0.1 ,< 15700 , 350 , 600 >
  0 ,< 16030 , 390 , 600 >

#declare locationspline_C =
spline {
  quadratic_spline
  -0.1 ,< 15700 , 360 , 600 >
  0 ,< 16000 , 360 , 600 >

For the camera, part of the definition looks like this
#if(clock_on=0)
  camera{
... stuff for still picture
#else
  camera{
  perspective
  #ifdef (locationspline_C)
    location locationspline_C(clock)
  #else
    location <0,0,0>
  #end
  #ifdef (lookatspline_C)
    look_at lookatspline_C(clock)
  #else
    look_at <0,.5,0>
  #end
#end
}
light_source {
locationspline_C(clock)
, rgb <.8,.8,.8>
}
I was unhappy with a radiosity only lighting, so I have a light follow along
with the camera.

I started out with one long walk (now removed from website) but decided to
brake it up into smaller shots. This is a long term project for me, as I
slowly improve the scene elements, I'll update portions of the animation.

Stephen