POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Floor plan animation : Re: Floor plan animation (small update) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 13:40:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floor plan animation (small update)
From: StephenS
Date: 14 Mar 2006 05:59:08
Message: <4416a1fc$1@news.povray.org>
> That is cool, but I almost missed this one. Create new thread?
> Can you show how you make your camera move through a path like that?
> In my "Tomb", I made several clips and put them together afterwards. Would
> be better to make all movement in the same file...

Thanks.

For the camera, I declare some splines first, points going from 0 to 1 with
a point before and after incase I use quadratic.

#declare lookatspline_C =
spline {
  quadratic_spline
  -0.1 ,< 15700 , 350 , 600 >
  0 ,< 16030 , 390 , 600 >

#declare locationspline_C =
spline {
  quadratic_spline
  -0.1 ,< 15700 , 360 , 600 >
  0 ,< 16000 , 360 , 600 >

For the camera, part of the definition looks like this
#if(clock_on=0)
  camera{
... stuff for still picture
#else
  camera{
  perspective
  #ifdef (locationspline_C)
    location locationspline_C(clock)
  #else
    location <0,0,0>
  #end
  #ifdef (lookatspline_C)
    look_at lookatspline_C(clock)
  #else
    look_at <0,.5,0>
  #end
#end
}
light_source {
locationspline_C(clock)
, rgb <.8,.8,.8>
}
I was unhappy with a radiosity only lighting, so I have a light follow along
with the camera.

I started out with one long walk (now removed from website) but decided to
brake it up into smaller shots. This is a long term project for me, as I
slowly improve the scene elements, I'll update portions of the animation.

Stephen