POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : using linux mencoder: making MPG-1? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:38:30 EDT (-0400)
  using linux mencoder: making MPG-1? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: using linux mencoder: making MPG-1?
Date: 18 Jul 2005 23:06:17
Message: <42dc6e29$1@news.povray.org>
I've google myself to a brick wall on this and cannot find a path that
works.  Any tips?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: using linux mencoder: making MPG-1?
Date: 19 Jul 2005 01:39:41
Message: <42dc921d$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> I've google myself to a brick wall on this and cannot find a path that
> works.  Any tips?

Surprisingly, I can't find it. The closest is this:

mencoder   "mf://*.jpg"   -mf   fps=25  -o  output.avi  -ovc  \
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4

Note that it's one command wrapped over two lines.

You can, of course, do some other format (like DivX or XVid) instead of
lavc. Perhaps then you can use some other program to convert to regular
mpeg?

--
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message