POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : using linux mencoder: making MPG-1? : Re: using linux mencoder: making MPG-1? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 14:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using linux mencoder: making MPG-1?
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 19 Jul 2005 01:39:41
Message: <42dc921d$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> I've google myself to a brick wall on this and cannot find a path that
> works.  Any tips?

Surprisingly, I can't find it. The closest is this:

mencoder   "mf://*.jpg"   -mf   fps=25  -o  output.avi  -ovc  \
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4

Note that it's one command wrapped over two lines.

You can, of course, do some other format (like DivX or XVid) instead of
lavc. Perhaps then you can use some other program to convert to regular
mpeg?

--
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl