POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Problem with TMPGEnc and sound Server Time
14 Jun 2024 17:55:11 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with TMPGEnc and sound (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rune
Subject: Problem with TMPGEnc and sound
Date: 19 Sep 2004 17:21:26
Message: <414df856$1@news.povray.org>
I've normally always used TMPGEnc to make my animations into mpg files.
However, now that I'm working with sound, I've noticed that when I add a
sound file to my animation, there's always half a second of silence in the
beginning and end of the animation. It's not that my sound file isn't long
enough or anything like that, TMPGEnc just leaves out some of the sound.

I have a sound file that goes "clang clang clang" but in the animation the
first "clang" is skipped completely due to the first half second of silence.
It happens both when I save as AVI and MPG and the silence is heard with
both the players I tried to play the files with, so I'm pretty sure it's a
fault of TMPGEnc.

I find it pretty annoying. Have anyone experienced the same problems with
TMPGEnc? Can you recommend any other programs for Windows that are as
user-friendly as TMPGEnc that I could perhaps use as an alternative?

Thanks in advance,

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com

> the silence is heard with both the players I tried to play the
> files with, so I'm pretty sure it's a fault of TMPGEnc.

Never mind, it isn't TMPGEnc's fault after all. I tried to play the file
with QuickTime and there was no silence. I guess the silence problem is just
common for Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic. Oh well...