POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Photons Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Photons (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Pauly Man
Subject: Photons
Date: 26 Feb 2004 20:09:47
Message: <403e98db@news.povray.org>
Hi guys,

I am currently working on a scene with a sphere floating in some water. It
is in it's infant stages, and is more a learning experience than an attempt
at a decent image.

I have the water looking decent nowm, thanks to Chris' page. But I can't get
photons to work. Can I grab some help?

Here is my code:

#include "functions.inc"
#include "Radiosity.inc"
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

global_settings
{
  max_trace_level 5
  /*radiosity
  {
    Radiosity_Settings(1,true,true)  \\This is a macro I made.
  }*/
  photons
  {
      spacing 0.01
      save_file "photons.dat"
  }
}

camera
{
    location <0,10,0>
    look_at <0, 10, 100>
}

sky_sphere
{
    pigment
    {
      color rgb <0.75,0.98,1>
    }
}

light_source
{
 <  0,  3000,    -3000>
 color White
 photons
  {
      reflection on
      refraction off
  }
}

light_source
{
  <0,3000,3000>
  White
  shadowless
}

#declare watermaterial = material
{
  texture
  {
     pigment
     {
        color rgbf <1, 1, 1, 1>
      }
      finish
      {
        ambient 0.0
        diffuse 0.0
        reflection
        {
          0.3,1.0
          fresnel on
        }
        specular 0.4
        roughness 0.003
      }
      /*normal
      {
        bozo 0.3
        scale 5
      }*/
      normal
      {
        function
        {
          f_ridged_mf(x, y, z, 0.1, 3.0, 7, 0.7, 0.7, 2)
        } 0.8
        scale 3
      }
   }