POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Photons : Re: Photons Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 26 Feb 2004 20:32:46
Message: <403e9e3e$1@news.povray.org>
> I am currently working on a scene with a sphere floating in some water. It
> is in it's infant stages, and is more a learning experience than an
attempt
> at a decent image.
>
> I have the water looking decent nowm, thanks to Chris' page. But I can't
get
> photons to work. Can I grab some help?

First: povray.animations might be the wrong group for this kinda post, cause
there's nothing that has to do with animations in your problem...

Second: your box and your ball don't have proper textures for the photons to
interact with. POV shoots the photons but they will only appear if the
box/ball actually reflect or refract the photons. The Box doesn't have a
texture at all, whereas the ball is just plain red, both don't have any
finish with reflection. Hence, no photons get reflected off of them.

Now, if you want photons to appear on the ball and box, e.g. reflections off
the water, then the water would have to be the target.

I've haven't rendered the scene and I didn't look too much where objects are
placed in relation to each other, but without a proper texture, ball and box
won't work with photons. That's all covered with the Docs, so maybe you
should go back to those and read them once again.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"