POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : memory utilisation with an image_pattern Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  memory utilisation with an image_pattern (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ZeSly
Subject: memory utilisation with an image_pattern
Date: 9 Jan 2004 13:26:06
Message: <3ffef23e@news.povray.org>
I'm working on an animation of a space shuttle launch with the earth on the
background.
After several test, I've found that the image_pattern used for the clouds
increase the memory utilsation. There is somme workaround like rendering
small portion of the animation but I wanted to know if it is a known bug.

Thanks

--
ZeSly
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/

Post a reply to this message

> I'm working on an animation of a space shuttle launch with the earth on
the
> background.
> After several test, I've found that the image_pattern used for the clouds
> increase the memory utilsation. There is somme workaround like rendering
> small portion of the animation but I wanted to know if it is a known bug.

See the thread "Crash after 63 frames ?" in povray.unofficial.patch for the
details.
be fixed
in the (not yet released) next Official version, and for this reason has not
been investigated.

Seems like you (and I, and everybody else using image_patterns) will have to
suffer in silence
in the mean time ...

Regards,
--