POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to make the animation in pov-ray work Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  How to make the animation in pov-ray work (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: How to make the animation in pov-ray work
Date: 10 Jan 2004 13:35:02
Message: <400045d6@news.povray.org>
In article <web.4000256f6da14afe3a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org> , "gregjohn"
<pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> That's not a workable solution for a serious animation project. One would
> have a fixed number of final frames in the project and might want to look
> at various different subsets as one tweaks different parts of the story.
> Looking up and remembering the +KXYZ  switches, and retyping 3 to 4 of them
> by hand for EVERY TEST RENDER is just so incredibly user-unfriendly.

Why would you have to retype them for every render?  Fact is that you don't,
and editing povray.ini is definetly the absolute wrong way of changing the
setting.  Nothing is more trivial than creating a scsne specific INi file.

Maybe you should only give advice that will not screw up a user's setup, or
at least warn about it.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message