POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : High speed / slow motion mixture? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:49:55 EDT (-0400)
  High speed / slow motion mixture? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Gleb
Subject: High speed / slow motion mixture?
Date: 20 Nov 2002 16:34:03
Message: <3ddbffcb@news.povray.org>
There are some tests of rotating fan blades,
nothing special, the same set of 45 frames of the fan
rotating with constant speed, only difference is in fps:

DivX5:
http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan45frsDivX502.ZIP   (~106K)
http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan90fpsDivX502.ZIP   (~106K)
http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan180fpsDivX502.ZIP  (~106K)

and Mpeg1:
http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan30fpsmpeg1.ZIP    (~325K)

Is there any easy/cheap way to mix high speed and slow motion
in the same scene?
Would it be better e.g. to render slow motion with normal frame rate,
while high speed events with higher(say, doubled) frame rate and then
average
pairs of the last?  Or are there other better solution(s)?

Post a reply to this message

> There are some tests of rotating fan blades,
> nothing special, the same set of 45 frames of the fan
> rotating with constant speed, only difference is in fps:
>
> DivX5:
> http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan45frsDivX502.ZIP   (~106K)
> http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan90fpsDivX502.ZIP   (~106K)
> http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan180fpsDivX502.ZIP  (~106K)
>
> and Mpeg1:
> http://www.freelocus.com/ani/fan30fpsmpeg1.ZIP    (~325K)
>
> Is there any easy/cheap way to mix high speed and slow motion
> in the same scene?
> Would it be better e.g. to render slow motion with normal frame rate,
> while high speed events with higher(say, doubled) frame rate and then
> average
> pairs of the last?  Or are there other better solution(s)?

Do you wish to show 3 blades at the same time, each rotating at a different
rate?

Or do you wish to show one blade that changes it's rate of rotation?

Post a reply to this message