POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : High speed / slow motion mixture? : Re: High speed / slow motion mixture? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:35:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High speed / slow motion mixture?
From: Gleb
Date: 22 Nov 2002 02:43:16
Message: <3ddde014@news.povray.org>
"Mike White" <mik### [at] mindspringcom>:

> Do you wish to show 3 blades at the same time, each rotating at a
different
> rate?
> Or do you wish to show one blade that changes it's rate of rotation?

Sounds like a nice joke to me,  let me some time to think about it :)
Seriously, when we look at a rotating fan, at some rate the only a blurred
(semitransparent) spot can be seen instead of individual blades.
The goal is to get a bit more realism for animated fan, imho
it would be a useful addition to the popular cloth/water + wind modelling.

Gleb