POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : image map help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  image map help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chip Widmer
Subject: image map help
Date: 21 Jun 2000 19:30:02
Message: <395152CA.A8F0B544@yahoo.com>
hi,
this isn't really pertinent to animation, but I was wondering if there
is a  way to scale an image map to an object. For instance, if you have
a logo you  wanted to put on a modeled piece of paper. Can any1 help?
thanx,
chip

Post a reply to this message

> this isn't really pertinent to animation, but I was wondering if there
> is a  way to scale an image map to an object. For instance, if you have
> a logo you  wanted to put on a modeled piece of paper. Can any1 help?

that should go in povray.advanced-users...  the trick is
image_map {
	<your_image_map_stuff>
	scale <x,y,z>
}

bingo!

the image will fit to the 1/1 ratio, if your image is 600/200 it will be scaled
to 1/1... so you should try:
scale <1, 1/3,1>
since the x=1=600 and y=1=600 too... if you know what I mean...

Hope this helps...
	Simon

Post a reply to this message