POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Slices of Renderings Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Slices of Renderings (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Steve Tucker
Subject: Slices of Renderings
Date: 22 Apr 2000 19:35:50
Message: <39023756@news.povray.org>
Any ideas on how to extract all the visible portions of a rendering that are
within a range of distances from the camera?

Steve

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Slices of Renderings
Date: 22 Apr 2000 21:25:54
Message: <39025122$1@news.povray.org>
In article <39023756@news.povray.org> , "Steve Tucker" <stu### [at] lobonet>
wrote:

> Any ideas on how to extract all the visible portions of a rendering that are
> within a range of distances from the camera?

CSG?

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Apr 2000 07:02:12
Message: <3902d834@news.povray.org>
| In article <39023756@news.povray.org> , "Steve Tucker" <stu### [at] lobonet>
| wrote:
|
| > Any ideas on how to extract all the visible portions of a rendering that are
| > within a range of distances from the camera?
|
| CSG?

If so, how about something like:

#declare DIST=100; // distance within scene to be kept

camera { location LOC look_at LOO }

difference {
union {
 // all of scene within here