POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ANNOUNCE version 6 of CMPEG front end Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:35 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE version 6 of CMPEG front end (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Sander
Subject: ANNOUNCE version 6 of CMPEG front end
Date: 26 Mar 2000 11:48:55
Message: <38de3f77$1@news.povray.org>
Version 6 of the windows frontend for CMPEG has a new setup and several new
features. Look at http://stols.net .

It can combine several sets of (24 bit POV-generated) TGA's into one
animation using up to 10 masks, allowing selection of image files and
combining them into one frame list, from which the animation is made.

There is a simple preview feature and the generated text files can be edited
easily.

Use of quantization matrices will also be implemented in this version in the
near future.

As before: I would appreciate any comments and suggestions that you may
have!

--
Regards,
Sander

Post a reply to this message

Is it possible to change the frame rate (to any value) for an animation in your
front end? Or is this a limitation of the CMPEG program.  I've tried this but it
gives me an error, I think this would be a useful feature.

The front end is great!

Andrew C

Sander wrote:

> Version 6 of the windows frontend for CMPEG has a new setup and several new
> features. Look at http://stols.net .
>
> It can combine several sets of (24 bit POV-generated) TGA's into one
> animation using up to 10 masks, allowing selection of image files and
> combining them into one frame list, from which the animation is made.
>
> There is a simple preview feature and the generated text files can be edited
> easily.
>
> Use of quantization matrices will also be implemented in this version in the
> near future.
>
> As before: I would appreciate any comments and suggestions that you may
> have!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sander

Post a reply to this message

I think its a limitation in the MPEG spec.

--
Mike

wk: mik### [at] pyxiscom  www.pyxis.com
hm: mwe### [at] sciticom  www.geocities.com/mikepweber

"Andrew Clinton" <cli### [at] ibmnet> wrote in message
> Is it possible to change the frame rate (to any value) for an animation in
your
> front end? Or is this a limitation of the CMPEG program.  I've tried this
but it
> gives me an error, I think this would be a useful feature.
>
> The front end is great!
>
> Andrew C
>

> Sander wrote:
>
> > Version 6 of the windows frontend for CMPEG has a new setup and several
new
> > features. Look at http://stols.net .
> >
> > It can combine several sets of (24 bit POV-generated) TGA's into one
> > animation using up to 10 masks, allowing selection of image files and
> > combining them into one frame list, from which the animation is made.
> >
> > There is a simple preview feature and the generated text files can be
edited
> > easily.
> >
> > Use of quantization matrices will also be implemented in this version in
the
> > near future.
> >
> > As before: I would appreciate any comments and suggestions that you may
> > have!
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Sander

Post a reply to this message

The frame rate can be set only using the dropdown box with the 8 fixed
values. Not very flexible, but it's a feature of CMPEG itself. Can't be
helped, I'm afraid...

--
Regards,
Sander

Andrew Clinton <cli### [at] ibmnet> schreef in berichtnieuws
38E14A22.A491AB9C@ibm.net...
> Is it possible to change the frame rate (to any value) for an animation in
your
> front end? Or is this a limitation of the CMPEG program.  I've tried this
but it
> gives me an error, I think this would be a useful feature.
>
> The front end is great!

Post a reply to this message