POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation at all.. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Animation at all.. (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Mikael Carneholm
Subject: Re: Animation at all..
Date: 22 Nov 1999 03:08:41
Message: <3838FA06.7D7B1299@ida.utb.hb.se>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   This definitely is a VFAQ.
>   I wonder why is it so hard for newbies to discover how to turn on animation?

Maybe this means that the (Win) interface isn't as intuitive as it could be. A
possible solution could be an "animate" button in the toolbar that brings up a
dialog with up/down buttons that control Initial_frame, Final_frame, Initial_clock
and so on...

(Oops! Guess this should have been posted to povray.windows instead :) )

Mikael Carneholm
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal homepage:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse

Post a reply to this message

> >   I wonder why is it so hard for newbies to discover how to turn on animation?
> >

> Maybe this means that the (Win) interface isn't as intuitive as it could be. A
> possible solution could be an "animate" button in the toolbar that brings up a
> dialog with up/down buttons that control Initial_frame, Final_frame, Initial_clock
> and so on...
>
> (Oops! Guess this should have been posted to povray.windows instead :) )

That would be a great feature not only for animations but with radiosity
and a couple of the other unique features that require special handling.

> >   I wonder why is it so hard for newbies to discover how to turn on
> animation?
> >

> Maybe this means that the (Win) interface isn't as intuitive as it
> could be. A
> possible solution could be an "animate" button in the toolbar that
> brings up a
> dialog with up/down buttons that control Initial_frame, Final_frame,
> Initial_clock
> and so on...
>
> (Oops! Guess this should have been posted to povray.windows instead :)
> )

> Mikael Carneholm

This is a great idea!

Remco

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe this means that the (Win) interface isn't as intuitive as it could be. A
> possible solution could be an "animate" button in the toolbar that brings up a
> dialog with up/down buttons that control Initial_frame, Final_frame,
> Initial_clock
> and so on...

You mean something like the Mac version does? It has a preferences
dialog for each file with settings for nearly all of the .ini options.

Post a reply to this message

> That would be a great feature not only for animations but with radiosity
> and a couple of the other unique features that require special handling.

Actually, I got so inspired by this that I took the liberty of putting together an
animation dialog draft. Check out the screendumps in binaries.programming.

Mikael Carneholm
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal homepage:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse

Post a reply to this message

> > That would be a great feature not only for animations but with radiosity
> > and a couple of the other unique features that require special handling.
>
> Actually, I got so inspired by this that I took the liberty of putting together an
> animation dialog draft. Check out the screendumps in binaries.programming.

I just saw that. Excellent. I will bring this to the POV-Team's attention.
I think they will like it.