POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Water (killed by mpg) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Water (killed by mpg) (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Subject: Water (killed by mpg)
Date: 20 Sep 1999 20:35:18
Message: <37e6d2c6@news.povray.org>
Looks better in FLI, but that's 788497 bytes (zipped) and this only 271575.
It's cyclic.
The clouds move a bit too fast and the water maybe too slow, but this took
me about 10 days (8 days of test-rendering and 2 days for the final
version).

ZK

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'water.mpg' (266 KB)

> Looks better in FLI, but that's 788497 bytes (zipped) and this only 271575.
> It's cyclic.
> The clouds move a bit too fast and the water maybe too slow, but this took
> me about 10 days (8 days of test-rendering and 2 days for the final
> version).

This belongs into povray.binaries.animations, not povray.animations.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany

Post a reply to this message

How did you get the clouds to loop?  I tried unsuccessfully before.
Maybe I was approaching it wrong.

Zeger Knaepen wrote:

> Looks better in FLI, but that's 788497 bytes (zipped) and this only 271575.
> It's cyclic.
> The clouds move a bit too fast and the water maybe too slow, but this took
> me about 10 days (8 days of test-rendering and 2 days for the final
> version).
>
> ZK
>
>                 Name: water.mpg
>    water.mpg    Type: MPEG Video (video/mpeg)
>             Encoding: x-uuencode

Post a reply to this message

Thanks for posting a (huge) binary to a non-binaries group and without
even warning in the subject.