POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Special effects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Special effects (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
Subject: Special effects
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:56:50
Message: <36f29df2.0@news.povray.org>
For speed reasons i made 2 independent animations:
1 - 1 Short ciclyc animation over a tga background
2 - 1 Animation over a solid green background

I need a software that adds animation 2 over animation 1, i.e., in animation
2 where is green it will appear animation 1.

Anyone knows where can i find or buy it?

Thanks
Sergio

Post a reply to this message

Adobe Premiere will do it for you. Need to set the alpha channel for animation
number 2. Kind of expensive but will do the job.

> For speed reasons i made 2 independent animations:
> 1 - 1 Short ciclyc animation over a tga background
> 2 - 1 Animation over a solid green background
>
> I need a software that adds animation 2 over animation 1, i.e., in animation
> 2 where is green it will appear animation 1.
>
> Anyone knows where can i find or buy it?
>
> Thanks
> Sergio

Post a reply to this message

Seems to me DTA (see post by Dearmad here or use url below) does
chroma-keying which is what you are wanting. However I have never done
it so I neither know how to nor even sure it will work as you need.
Wouldn't hurt to read up on it in the document contained in the
download. Also, take note that I'm especially unsure if the newest,
32-bit version has this anymore.

  http://www.sapere.com/dearmad/dta.htm

rel 3.0 alpha 4 is the 32-bit version, rel 2.2.7 is the older DOS
version.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

Adobe Premier is pretty good. You could also batch process it in Photoshop using
the built-in script recorder.

Post a reply to this message

>For speed reasons i made 2 independent animations:
>1 - 1 Short ciclyc animation over a tga background
>2 - 1 Animation over a solid green background
>
>I need a software that adds animation 2 over animation 1, i.e., in animation
>2 where is green it will appear animation 1.
>
>Anyone knows where can i find or buy it?

CSO? Well assuming you're using a PC I'd suggest DTA (Daves Targa
Animator). It's got a slew of features in addition to being able to
replace one colour of "sequence A" with the appropriate pixels from
"sequence B".

Brilliant peice of shareware.

Judging by a post in this very group, you should be able to find a
copy at http://www.sapere.com/dearmad

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Mason
Date: 25 May 1999 00:49:16
Message: <374A1CF6.5929@gvn.net>

> For speed reasons i made 2 independent animations:
> 1 - 1 Short ciclyc animation over a tga background
> 2 - 1 Animation over a solid green background
>
> I need a software that adds animation 2 over animation 1, i.e., in animation
> 2 where is green it will appear animation 1.
>
> Anyone knows where can i find or buy it?
>
> Thanks
> Sergio

Video Wave II can do Chroma Key animation.  For a product description,
use the following url:

http://www.beyond.com/PKIN431222/prod.htm

Brian

Post a reply to this message

From: GrimDude
Date: 25 May 1999 02:05:42
Message: <374a2fa6.0@news.povray.org>
DTA does this too. Works great for it in fact.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet