POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : encoding video for the web Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  encoding video for the web (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: moonshadow
Subject: encoding video for the web
Date: 29 Jan 2001 23:12:10
Message: <27fc7t4kufdk5ri98g0sjfse529ehr4agb@4ax.com>
I am in the process of putting up a website with pov anims on it, and
I'm totally confused with all those encoders and codecs and formats.

My goal is to provide both HQ video and maximum compatibility. I guess
it would be the best to encode two versions for every anim, one with
maximum compatibility (mpeg1?) and one with maximum quality with
acceptable file sizes (mpeg2 or divx or something else?)

I'd also appreciate suggestions for the encoders and players.

Thank you

Post a reply to this message