POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : encoding video for the web : Re: encoding video for the web Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: encoding video for the web
From: Sander Stols
Date: 30 Jan 2001 14:58:40
Message: <MPG.14e13a3e78e502d49896db@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3a76efd1@news.povray.org>, war### [at] tagpovrayorg says...
<snip>
>   If you are using windows and you have the right codecs, the windows media
> player suffices. The same codecs help you in the encoding part if you have
> the right program. This is a quite good one:
>
> http://www186.pair.com/vdub/index.html

But  we need also an explanation of the difference between Media Player
6.4 (windows 98) and 7 (windows 2000): they are very different in what
they accept and what not. I personally don't like 6.4 in w2k very
much... :-(
It would be a very good idea indeed to have a detailed analysis of all
this; somebody interested??

--
Regards,  Sander