POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lightsys color matching function (ping Ive, Jaime) Server Time
14 May 2024 11:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Lightsys color matching function (ping Ive, Jaime) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Lightsys color matching function (ping Ive, Jaime)
Date: 12 Dec 2013 20:40:01
Message: <web.52aa6456eb68b3eb306548240@news.povray.org>
Oddly enough, I've found myself, a tyro, in the position of requiring a color
matching function (or at least finding it useful).  In particular, I'm trying to
do what macro Emissive2xyz() does, but without the normalization.

CIE.inc has the spline CMF_xyz(), but it isn't documented anywhere, and except
for one test scene, is called only internally.  Is CMF_xyz() a stable feature,
i.e., is it safe for the user to assume that it will be there indefinitely?

Post a reply to this message

Am 13.12.2013 02:35, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> Oddly enough, I've found myself, a tyro, in the position of requiring a color
> matching function (or at least finding it useful).  In particular, I'm trying to
> do what macro Emissive2xyz() does, but without the normalization.

At the time CIE.inc was written, the main goal was seamless integration
with lightsys, this is the only reason normalization is there (and thus
throwing away the intensity information on purpose).

> CIE.inc has the spline CMF_xyz(), but it isn't documented anywhere, and except
> for one test scene, is called only internally.  Is CMF_xyz() a stable feature,
> i.e., is it safe for the user to assume that it will be there indefinitely?

Yes.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 15 Dec 2013 15:55:00
Message: <web.52ae16c026c745c3306548240@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> At the time CIE.inc was written, the main goal was seamless integration
> with lightsys, this is the only reason normalization is there (and thus
> throwing away the intensity information on purpose).

After reviewing Jaime's Web site, I had just come to that conclusion myself.

> Am 13.12.2013 02:35, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> > CIE.inc has the spline CMF_xyz(), but it isn't documented anywhere, and except
> > for one test scene, is called only internally.  Is CMF_xyz() a stable feature,
> > i.e., is it safe for the user to assume that it will be there indefinitely?
> >
> Yes.

Thanks!