POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Controlling density Server Time
16 May 2024 18:49:12 EDT (-0400)
  Controlling density (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: posfan12
Subject: Controlling density
Date: 13 Oct 2013 03:50:00
Message: <web.525a4fa8a9f12adfb9c369c00@news.povray.org>
How do you control the density of a medium at a given point?

For instance, if you use a spherical pattern then the medium is fully opaque at
the center of the sphere, and is fully transparent at the outer radius.

BUT, what if I want the sphere to be 25% transparent at 1/3 of the distance from
the center?

How do I control that?

Thanks!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> How do you control the density of a medium at a given point?
>
> For instance, if you use a spherical pattern then the medium is fully opaque at
> the center of the sphere, and is fully transparent at the outer radius.
>
> BUT, what if I want the sphere to be 25% transparent at 1/3 of the distance from
> the center?
>
> How do I control that?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Mike

Hi Mike,

you can use color_maps or density_maps within the media. Something like this:

 media{
    emission 0.75
    scattering {1, 0.5}
    density { spherical