POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : One of Many, or Only One. stars and max-trace-level Server Time
16 May 2024 18:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  One of Many, or Only One. stars and max-trace-level (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: GallaghersArt
Subject: One of Many, or Only One. stars and max-trace-level
Date: 8 Apr 2013 10:55:00
Message: <web.5162d8b1561983e494f49b60@news.povray.org>
1st this is my first time posting here but I Started using POV-Ray quite a long
time ago for rendering my LEGO models. Then I started to make abstract art of my
renders. Currently making new rounds of my abstract art and more. View my most
recent artwork here : http://gallaghersart.com/artwork

Light waves will continue to bounce back and forth like when you stand
in-between 2 opposite facing mirrors.

Current img:
http://gallaghersart.com/images/made/item/1400/1400_788_83/GallaghersArt_sq7_c.jpg

blog page about : http://gallaghersart.com/page/one_of_many_or_only_one

I would like to find a way to say it takes light 4-40 years to go from one side
to the other, but infinitely. Then render an image that can include billions of
years of light time in one image.

Currently I have max_trace_level maxed out to its limit. And I can start to see
grouping of stars that may form into galaxies and such when rendering larger
images.

I would love an infinite level for max_trace_level.
I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas to get more reflections in my
render.

thanks!

Mike

Post a reply to this message