POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : octrees Server Time
16 May 2024 19:39:57 EDT (-0400)
  octrees (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bruno Cabasson
Subject: octrees
Date: 7 Jan 2013 14:00:01
Message: <web.50eb1ad73c0c0631db2fc060@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Happy new year to all !!

Recently looking (for curiosity) at acceleration structures, I am wondering how
would a relatively small complex object within a relatively large scene be
stored in an octree if centered (bbox includes origin). How would the object's
components be stored? Is a centered object stored at the root of the octree?
Some precisions would be welcome.

 Bruno.

Post a reply to this message