POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : quantifying lighting in the scene in Lumens Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:49:33 EDT (-0400)
  quantifying lighting in the scene in Lumens (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: handos
Subject: quantifying lighting in the scene in Lumens
Date: 2 Jan 2013 13:55:00
Message: <web.50e4823a10965fe3d7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it possible to quantify the lighting in the POVRay scene in
lumens? Is there a variable in the scene I can access or is it just the average
Irradiance values observed at the pixels? Could someone send pointers to that
please?

Thanks,
Ankur.

Post a reply to this message

> I am wondering if it possible to quantify the lighting in the POVRay scene in
> lumens? Is there a variable in the scene I can access or is it just the average
> Irradiance values observed at the pixels? Could someone send pointers to that
> please?
>
> Thanks,
> Ankur.

Take a look at Jaimes Lightsys-macros (http://www.ignorancia.org/en/) not easily
to comprehend, but may be an answer to your question.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message