POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : quantifying lighting in the scene in Lumens : Re: quantifying lighting in the scene in Lumens Server Time
26 Jun 2024 07:59:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quantifying lighting in the scene in Lumens
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Jan 2013 14:13:51
Message: <50e486ef@news.povray.org>
Le 02/01/2013 19:53, handos nous fit lire :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am wondering if it possible to quantify the lighting in the POVRay scene in
> lumens? Is there a variable in the scene I can access or is it just the average
> Irradiance values observed at the pixels? Could someone send pointers to that
> please?

You would want a gamma of 1.0; And probably diffuse 1, ambient 0 on your
target surface. (which might rules out any complex scene with reflection)

Notice that there is no notion of distance for one pov unit. (can be
meter, kilometer, millimeter, miles, yards or what ever).

You would need to adjust the light_source to have fade_distance &
fade_power.
Spherical light source are easy, as well as far far away sun... but
conical ones are more difficult. Also read in details: