POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : simple reflection with photons Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  simple reflection with photons (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: CRIS
Subject: simple reflection with photons
Date: 13 Feb 2012 14:40:01
Message: <web.4f396632f06344bda30031fd0@news.povray.org>
Hi, i can't render a simple example of reflection with photons. I explain: i put
in the scene 2 box, the second is the mirror. I put in front of the first box a
light source passing through  a projector. I sign 'shadowless' in a way that a
light hits the mirror (second box). But the mirror not reflected the light of
the thirst box! WHere i I was wrong? I posted a code,thanks for help:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "shapes.inc"
#include "metals.inc"
#include "glass.inc"
#include "woods.inc"
#include "stones.inc"

global_settings {
    assumed_gamma 1
    max_trace_level 5
    photons {
        spacing 0.025
        count 1500000
        max_trace_level 15
       // media 100, 2
        //media 500, 3
    }
}

// camera behind
camera {
//orthographic
location <00.0, 70.0,90.0>
look_at <0.0, 10.0, 0.0>
blur_samples 50

       }

//camera in front of
/*camera {
location <00.0, 70.0,-80.0>
look_at <0.0, 10.0, 0.0>
blur_samples 50

       }  */

 declare a= 1;
 declare b=0.54;
 declare Projector = prism   {
          linear_spline
          3, 3.002, 4,
          <0,0>, <-a,b>,<a,b>, <0,0> //outer rim
           texture{ pigment{ color Green } }

        }

 light_source{ <0,3.001,-0.1>

        color Red  *250
        spotlight
        radius 90
        falloff 0
        tightness 0
        point_at <0, 3.015, 2>
        photons {refraction on reflection on}

        projected_through { Projector }
        shadowless
 } //end of light_source

  //mirror
  box {

        <-45, 0, 40>,
        < 60, 10, 45>
        //texture { DMFLightOak }
        texture {Chrome_Metal}
        finish {     reflection on  conserve_energy  }
        //
        photons {
  target
  reflection on

 }
 //rotate y*-45

        }

        Projector

   //box1
  box {

       <-45, 0, 20>,
        < 60, 10, 25>
        texture { T_Stone25 }
        photons {
  target
  reflection on
                refraction on

 }

     }

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, i can't render a simple example of reflection with photons. I explain: i put
> in the scene 2 box, the second is the mirror. I put in front of the first box a
> light source passing through  a projector. I sign 'shadowless' in a way that a
> light hits the mirror (second box). But the mirror not reflected the light of
> the thirst box! WHere i I was wrong? I posted a code,thanks for help:

By design, a shadowless light_source DON'T emit any photons the same way
it don't cause any specular or phong highlight.

Remove shadowless and use photons{pass_trough} on any media container
you may use.

Alain